Monday, October 13, 2008

My current approach to video authoring...


My topic of expertise for my Emerging Instructional Technologies class is video authoring. Although when I was assigned this topic I was not really thrilled about it but after thinking about all the possibilities with video authoring and how it could have a positive influence in my classroom I got more excited about the topic. This is something that I do not know a lot about. I have a webcam that my boyfriend and I used regularly this summer since he was in Texas and I was here in Iowa. I learned how to make a simple webcam video to leave him a message each morning but that is about it. I am looking forward to learning more about this topic with Dr. Z and I am hoping that I will be able to teach my fellow classmates how to integrate video authoring into their classrooms or area of work. I think that I could use video authoring in many different ways in my classroom. I think of YouTube and the "In Plain English" videos and how beneficial these type of videos could be to teach some basic facts to my future technology native students. I think a good example would be "World War II in Plain English". Obviously this would not be the only approach to World War II that I would take as a teacher but I feel like this could be a creative way to introduce WWII to my students that catch their attention and keep them interested. I am very excited in the potential videos I could make for multiple uses but specifically my future classroom. :o)

No comments: