Tuesday, October 21, 2008

RSS Assignment Part Dos

First of all I have been using my RSS page (iGoogle) for two weeks now (sorry about the late blog! (o: ) and as I'm sure you know I am absolutely addicted. I have been telling my friends about it and set up my roommate with it and now she's addicted too! It is so exciting to see RSS become more and more popular right after we learned about it.

Anyways, I have found a blog that I particularly love it is called Ed Tech Review by MrYardley. He has several blogs about the newest technology and if it is practical for the classroom. I read one that he entitled iPod Now Ready for the Education Market. In this particular article he talks about the iTouch phone and the new apps that are being created for it in regards to education. He mentions that he uses "Preschool Adventure" with his three year old and miTables with his daughter who is learning her multiplication facts. I thought that this related back to a lot of the RWLD's (reading, watching, listening and doings) that we have done for class. Technologies that are not necessarily made for educators (like the iTouch) are continually adding apps and other ways to implement it into the classroom. Overall, Ed Tech Review is one of the blogs that I like to keep current on.

No comments: